At Blue Edge Training we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person.
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
2. Who are we?
Blue Edge Training is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact in relation to data protection is Elly Land who can be contacted at: email@example.com or 01743 367370.
3. The purposes of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To keep you updated and inform you of matters relating to a relevant training course.
- To send you information and documents which may support your learning.
- To send you information on training courses/consultancy which could be of interest to your organisation.
- To register you with the ILM for the undertaking of your relevant professional qualification.
- For the purpose of completing the 360 degree appraisal process.
- To support any business consultancy, for example strategic documents, personal development reviews.
4. The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data: Name, Job Title, Date of Birth, Gender, Organisation, Organisation Address, Email, Telephone, Mobile Number, Current Management Qualification, Additional Learning Support Requirements
- Special categories of data: Ethnic Origin, Disability
We may collect and process the following personal data you provide to us if you:
- complete a registration form;
- complete a survey;
- correspond with us by phone, email, or in writing;
- report a problem;
- sign up to receive our communications;
- enter into a contract with us to receive products and/or services.
5. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the organisations we work with, to fulfil a contract or service, and Blue Edge Training, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject
- Where you have given your express consent to receive marketing communications, we may use your personal data to:
- Processing necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, or scientific and historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
- This information is optional and is recorded anonymously for the purposes of monitoring equal opportunities – this data is not shared with anyone outside of Blue Edge Training.
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
– send you newsletters, surveys, information about services offered by Blue Edge Training which may be of interest to you;
– develop, improve, and deliver marketing and advertising for services offered by Blue Edge Training.
Our lawful basis for processing your special categories of data:
6. Sharing your personal data
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our staff protect your personal data and are aware of their information security obligations. We limit access to your personal data to those who work within Blue Edge Training or ILM in relation to qualifications.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
If you are completing a professional qualification through ILM, we will keep your personal data for a period of 6 years in alignment with ILM data policy and to maintain your registration with ILM.
All other personal data for example, registration forms, 360 degree appraisals, assignments, surveys and CVs will be kept for 3 years in order to manage the accuracy of our internal databases and for our own reference.
Where you have consented to marketing communications, you may change your preferences or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email from us.
8. Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to do so may result in a significant lack of information regarding your training, consultancy and ILM registration and/or materials associated with it.
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
10. Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside of the EEA.
11. Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
12. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
14. How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01743 367370.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or in writing at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your usernames and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet.
Our pages may contain links to other websites, and you should be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices on other websites.
Any emails we send are intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please email it back to the sender and then immediately permanently delete it.
Contracts may only be concluded on behalf of Blue Edge Training by Blue Edge Training’s authorised signatories and not by email communication. No employee or agent of Blue Edge Training is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Blue Edge Training with another party by email without the express written confirmation of an authorised signatory. Any views expressed by the sender of this email are not necessarily those of Blue Edge Training.
Computer viruses can be transmitted by email and you should be aware that emails may be intercepted by third parties, you need to verify emails with your own virus software. Neither Blue Edge Training nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses transmitted by this email and/or any attachments.